«A crystalline gem that goes beyond the earthly world. It shines with condensed hopes and dreams of universes that once existed. »
Protogems (Chinese: 原 石 YuánShí, "Primary Gem") are the prime currency in Genshin Impact. They can be used to:
- Refill of original resin.
- Purchase of intertwined Destinations or Encounter of destiny in the Gangas de Paimon, or directly in the Gachapon menu. Each destination costs 160 Protogems.
- 1 Obtaining Protogemes
- 1.1 Exchange
- 1.2 Renewable sources
- 1.3 Non-renewable sources
By exchanging genesis Crystals.
|Lunar Blessing (30 Days)||$5||2 700||300|
|Battle Pass (~ 40 Days)||$ 10||680||-|
|Custom missions (4 Daily, 30 Days)||-||1 800||-|
|Abyss Coil Level 9-12 (~ 15 Days)||-||6001||-|
1 600 Protogems for completing levels 9-12 with 9 stars on each level; every 3 stars get 50 Protogems. The Abyss Spiral resets every 15 days.
- Unique reward in the Abyss Spiral from level 1 to 8; 100 Protogems for every 3 stars obtained (2400 in total).
- Archon Quests, Legendary Quests, and World Quests.
- Complete pages in the Adventurer's Handbook (900 total).
- Unlocking Tutorials (rewards 1 or 2 depending on the unlocked tutorial).
- Open Chests (reward 0, 2, 5, 10 or 40, depending on the open chest and its rarity).
- Discovering Teleportation Points and Statues of The Seven (350 in total).
- Leveling up the Statues of The Seven (180 in total).
- Some other interactions, like finding the Drifting Bottle.
- Participating in Events.
- Promotional codes delivered periodically.
- Occasional emails:
- Maintenance compensation.
- Compensation for errors.
- Reward from a web event.
- Completing Achievements (over 2725 total).
- Raising the Confidence Range (600 in total).
- Completing sets of companions (20 for each character in the set).
- Reward for climbing Adventure Rank.